Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Our Busy Summer

Well now that summer is over and school has started, it is time to add to the blog. Our summer was packed with fun and excitement. Our first adventure was our annual family campout, not all of the families could be there this year but we had tons of fun with those that were there.
My brother James and is family was there, the cousins had tons of fun hanging out together. My cousin Al and his wife Shannon also came for the weekend. We did a lot of fishing and eating, lol. Later in June my older two girls had the opportunity to go to Girls Camp. It was a wonderful experience for all of us. Our camp director this year was a wonderful young woman, Megan Meads who is now serving a mission in North Carolina. Our ward girls went up to camp with awesome attitudes and had very great time at camp.
In July, James and our oldest son went to Boy Scout Camp in Utah at a camp called ThunderRidge. This was the first scout camp experience for my husband and he really enjoyed going and bonding with the young men from our ward and our sister ward. My son, David returned with 6 merit badges, the most from our two wards. He is working really hard at getting to his Eagle rank.
And finally in August we were able to go to Idaho for a family reunion. We had the best time, we hit several museums and outdoor art events. The kids enjoyed being able to play outside and being at the parks we went to without the high temps we have at home. The family reunion was lots of fun, my aunt Lisa and my cousin Heather were the only ones that knew we were coming, everyone else was so surprised when we got there. It was so nice to see everyone again, most of the side of the family I have not seen since I got married.

No comments:

Post a Comment